1/8/2015 – A

We finished doing Peanut Butter Jelly Time today! I have to say First Block that I have NEVER had a class that worked so diligently on this as you guys did today. I really mean it. Block 2, I sent you all a video that I made earlier in the year for a review from when I was absent. You can watch it over the weekend if you’d like, but I will be going over MY pictures on Monday before our quiz.

Afterwards, we did a Gallery Walk. That means in YOUR group, ONE person stayed with the poster to teach the students from the other groups and the rest of the group wandered over to the OTHER groups to hear. There are a few reasons we did the Gallery Walk, even though a few people found it repetitive.

1. It *is* repetitive – the more you hear it, the more likely you’ll remember it for the quiz.
  2. If you had a group member who didn’t do a very good job, this gives you opportunity to fill in the gaps from the other groups.
  3. If gives you the opportunity to see how other people interpreted the information. Greg did a great job with this – I have never seen the pictures he drew to represent the facts from his passages.

Then, we talked about geography for a bit. If you missed today, go to Beowulf < Peanut Butter Jelly Time, to see a blank copy of the map. You can print this out and fill it in. Here is a completed map:

Map of British Isles

If you fill this map out, you can use it on the final exam. There are about 5 final exam questions just over this map! So keep this in your folder. Remember: anything we do in class can be used on the final exam!

Remember – your middle finger is for Ireland !