First Day Rumors and Concerns

Let’s be honest here. What have you heard about me and my class? If you have already had me, think about what you have heard people say (or even ask you).

What concerns do you have about English IVA?

If you have already had me, are you planning on doing anything differently? Why?

Before you hit submit on your response, copy it – just in case you get an error and lose all of your writing. This isn’t LMS – this is a public blog, so this is relevant technology – it’s WordPress for schools!

45 thoughts on “First Day Rumors and Concerns

1. I heard that you would fail everyone in your class & what i would do is start turning my work in on time.

2. The only thing I hear about your class is that you give non-stop work. People say you’re mean and don’t take alot of slack.

3. The only things that i heard about your class is that you do requir us to do alot of work. You joke and play around but you mean business. I havnt heard anything bad. I heard your a great teacher and really out going.

4. I’ve heard that the students get ALOT of work in this class, and that somethimes is hard to keep up with.

5. What have you heard about me and my class? I’ve heard that you grade your papers late if we do not turn it in on time your going to grade it late. Also that you’re fun!

What concerns do you have about English IVA? Paragraphs and essays because sometimes I’m not that creative.

6. I really havent heard anything about you except that you give alot of work and you have to be on task and really pay attention in class. Then i also heard that you dont grade people works but i dont know how true that is, but other then that i heard you are really cool.

7. Iโ€™ve heard people say that it is hard and crazy. I honestly havenโ€™t heard much about it, but Iโ€™m excited because I enjoy English.

8. From other students, I’ve heard lots of “she’s crazy” commments.

I don’t have any concerns really other then hopfully I don’t fail.

9. I heard that if you get behind on your work you have a chance of failing the class.
    The only concern i have is writing big papers.

10. From other students I’ve heard a lot of “she’s crazy” comments.

I don’t really have any concerns other then not to fail.

11. My concern is that there’s going to be a lot a writing, and I always think that I do really bad on them.
    And i heard that you give a lot of work, and the thing I would do different is I’m actually going to do all my work and not talk.

12. I’ve heard that you give a gwuap (bookoo, a lot, plenty) of work, but I can handle that. And I’ve learned just by watching you and hearing what you have to say to know that you’re the type of teacher that likes to make learning fun…

13. I’ve had a new student ask me if this class was hard. All I said was “Just pay attention, do your work on time and do it good, you’ll be good.”

No real concerns about English 4A but just passing the second time around.

14. I’ve had you for reading, but I know it’s different than English 4. I’ve heard that your class is hard, but I’ve also heard that as long as I do the work, I’ll pass with flying colors, so that’s what I plan to do ๐Ÿ™‚

15. I’ve had this class for English 2B and I really enjoyed it and it. You make things interesting and fun. Some things that the new kids have been asking is are you Krazy and do you give alot of work because that it what people were telling them. I dont think you give alot of work i just think that people need to turn it in on time and thats what I’m going to work on this term because that’s what messed me up the last term.

16. I heard that you give a lot of work, and i know your crazy, we went to the renisance festival together.
    good times.

17. I’ve had this class for English 2B and I really enjoyed it and it. You make things interesting and fun. Some things that the new kids have been asking is are you Krazy and do you give alot of work because that it what people were telling them. I dont think you give alot of work i just think that people need to turn it in on time and thats what I’m going to work on this term because that’s what messed me up the last term. u

18. I’ve heard that your a little crazy and fun. I have also heard that English IV A is hard but that if I do the work I should be fine.

19. I have heard great things about you! Yes i have heard that you give alot of work but all we have to do is make sure we get it done when it is assigned. Everyone i have talked to has told me that you are an amazing teacher alittle nutty but an amazing teacher none the less. i am looking forward to learning everything you have to offer me and dont worry eventually i will warm up to you enough and accually involve myself completely in class just gotta get into the feel for things.

๐Ÿ˜€

20. I’ve heard you can sometimes be crazy and that this class will be hard. I’ve also heard as long as I do my work I should be good. Pretty much everyone hears the same thing about you.. Crazy teacher, hard grader on papers, and not to be unfair.

21. I’ve heard that you have a hard time grading because so many people turn things in late and that you take for ever to grade something.

Im concerned that if i turn something in you wont grade it till like a month later or that i cant understand something and i wont get help on it because there are alot of people in the class.

22. Ive heard that its a lot of work and if you fall behind you will fail and it will be hard to catch up. I am concered that i wont be able to stay with the pace but this term im going to do my best!

23. I haven’t heard much about your class since im new here but your class seems pretty okay so this class shouldnt be so bad.

24. No one’s really ask me anything yet, but I’ve heard that you’re a lil crazy and that you bombard students with a ton of work. But I’ll still try my best to earn my credit for this class. I’m so close to graduating and I’m not gonna give up

25. Lots of people who havn’t had your class seam real woried about having your class because they hear its hard. But id just tell them to stay on top of your work… No Sleeping… and deffenetly No Late work. so basiclly if you do what your suppose to do. things will be fine.

I don’t really have many conserns about English4A. It’s my seccond time taking it so im deffenatly doing things different this time.

26. Ive heard many things about you but mostly all of the things i heard led to “SHE’S CRAZZZZYYY!!!!” and “FUNNYYY” lol so thats basically all that i heard about you.!and i heard that you give lots of work and that just to stay on top of everything! (: <3

27. Well when I first had you for English IV B people told me that you were “wierd” and to watch out for your shoes. I was like “What? Her Shoe?” and then I say what they ment. Haha. Well I want to turn in my work ontime this term.

28. I’m going to be responsible byt keeping my word, and keeping up with my assignments. Im very respectful and i can show you that; i wont interupt you when your speaking,or giving instuctions, texting in class and i wont give bad attitude. Now, relationships, i know how to work well with others. as a class we’ll all get alone fine. [:

29. I heard that your class is really hard, and that you’re very harsh on the grades. What I’m worry about the most is that I never had an normal English class, I always had ESL.

30. i heard that captin riley is the ish thats shes very nice and will give you chances. i also heard that as long as i do my work i should have no problems pass her class.

31. I have not herad much about you except for that your class is kinda hard but that your a good teacher.

32. Ive heard realing nothing bad just to keep up and do what I need to do in class so I wouldnt fall behind. My only concern was if it was too much work.

33. i heard that your super CRAZY and also that you give out ALOT of work…people tell me to make sure to turn in all work given on time because if you turn it in late you never know when you’ll grade it. There is going to be a BIG difference from reading and actully you teaching rather than just being there for a few mins. =/ hopefully i can make it through your class =)

34. Well I have heard a lot about you…. Let’s start by saying your a little coo coo for coco puffs. But I heard you give so much work, and its time management you have to spend your time wisely. You sometimes forget to put grades in *cough cough* really don’t know if that’s true. I mean I am scared to take this class but rather than hearing about you I prefer finding out what your like and how my work is graded by myself.

35. well all i was hearing was that you are CRAZY and ive kinda have to AGREE by what ive seen in the mornings hahaha but its cool becuase the crazy people are the FUN people oohhhh and i also heard that you class is going to be very difficult D;…well as longs as i dont fall behind on my work. but i have no worrys ^_^

36. the main concern that i have coming into your class is that i have heard in the past that you give alot of work and that concerns me because i tend to fall behind in some classes. this is late sorry about that please grade.

37. I have heard that you don’t grade all your work. You have a lot of low grades and people failing. Yous have a lot of work in your class, but your class tends to have a lot of fun. People tell me that I just have to stay on top of my work and not get behind.

38. I hear alot of students saying that yoy give out alot of work and if it doesnt get completed then you begin to fell your class. and that it takes you a long time to put in grades and that you are lazy with that