8/24/2015 – B

Ahoy, mateys! Welcome to the first day of school! I *told* you that I didn’t like my desks were arranged yesterday. To be honest, I’m STILL not sure if I like them. If anyone want to hep me rearrange things when I get back, I’ll be more than happy to move things around again when I get back.

Everything we did today can be located in BB.

BBIVAFirst, we talked about how I’m on a points system rather than percentage system. I find this easier to set and meet your goals for the term.  The most points you can earn for the term is 1500 points. That means that if you have 1500 points at the end of the term, you will have earned 100%. 1500/1500 = 100% If you earn 1300/1500 points, you’ll have earned a 90, 1200/1500 points earns an 80, 1100 points is a 73, and 1050 points is a 70. 

This helps you know just how much work you need to do in order to earn your grade goal. If you want to pass and you only have 1000 points, you know you are only fifty points away from passing. That might be one assignment (depending on what you are missing).

In order to give you a visualize, I have created a chart with levels:

levels

As you progress, I’ll “level” you up, just like in a game.

LevelsThen, we talked about how I use rubrics for major grades and what I expect from the different grade levels of work.

We discussed a little bit that I take -5 off major assignments for every day late.

Then, we signed up for my Remind class. You can find my code in BB under the First Day folder.

Since we had some extra time, I talked about how I won’t be here the rest of the week. I briefly explained the assignments that I’m leaving. We talked about the Bucket List and I promised that I’d leave the first part of the Carpe Diem Tower Translation foldable here, so here it is!

tower

I’ll try to Skype at least once this week, but I can’t make any promises.

<3